Film Festival of Joy: Joyful Noise
A performance by the Anointed Friends and screening of Say Amen, Somebody
Join us to close out the Film Festival of Joy with a night of jubilation and song featuring a live gospel choir. The evening kicks off with a live performance by the award-winning Anointed Friends, a Paterson-based gospel group founded by Roz Thompson who will be joined by Brittany Dawson, Tiffany McCutchen, Tyeshia Reels.
Next up, we’ll screen Say Amen, Somebody, one of the most acclaimed music documentaries of all time following the father and matron of gospel and earth-shaking performances.
Say Amen, Somebody
One of the most acclaimed music documentaries of all time, Say Amen, Somebody is George Nierenberg’s masterpiece — a joyous, funny, deeply emotional celebration of African American culture, featuring the father of Gospel, Thomas A. Dorsey (“Precious Lord, Take My Hand”); its matron, Mother Willie Mae Ford Smith; and earth-shaking performances by the Barrett Sisters and the O’Neal Twins.
Tickets and passes
Each screening is $15 per person.
The ideal way to experience the Film Festival of Joy is with a Joy Pass. There are three passes available that provide discounted access to screenings and events:
- Full Joy provides access to all events and an exclusive opening reception
- Saturday Joy provides access to both documentary screenings part of Real Joy
- Sunday Joy provides access to both Animated Joy and the closing Joyous Noise screenings
Where to Purchase
- ONLINE through our Film Festival of Joy Eventbrite page
- IN PERSON at ArtYard’s Box Office located inside the lobby at 13 Front Street, Frenchtown. Hours are 11 AM to 5 PM Wednesday through Sunday.
Health and Safety
Face masks are required to be worn at all times while in the McDonnell Theater.
Please email us at [email protected] or call 908.996.5018 and we’ll respond as quickly as possible