Film Festival of Joy: Animated Joy
Six short animations for the whole family — Feed the Kitty, The Animal Movie, Begone Dull Care, Bridgehampton, Hair Piece: A Film for Nappy Headed People, The Wrong Trousers
Don’t miss this family-friendly afternoon celebration of Animated Joy on the final day of the Film Festival of Joy.
Feed the Kitty
Animator Chuck Jones’s cat-and-dog comedy features a ferocious bulldog bewitched by a tiny fearless kitten.
The Animal Movie
A little boy joyfully explores the world with a series of animal companions.
Begone Dull Care
Animation genius Norman MacLaren painted on the film stock itself to create a gorgeous and dizzying counterpoint to Oscar Peterson’s piano score.
John Canemaker’s hand-painted animation celebrates a year of natural beauty.
A Film For Nappy Headed People: Ayoka Chenzira’s riotous, insightful satire uses animation and collage to convey the self-image predicaments Black women experience when pressured to conform to Eurocentric beauty standards.
The Wrong Trousers
Everybody’s favorite stop-motion superheroes, Wallace and Gromit (along with a pair of “techno-trousers”) take on villainous penguin, Feathers McGraw.
Tickets and passes
Each screening is $15 per person.
- Full Joy provides access to all events and an exclusive opening reception
- Saturday Joy provides access to both documentary screenings part of Real Joy
- Sunday Joy provides access to both Animated Joy and the closing Joyous Noise screenings
Where to Purchase
- ONLINE through our Film Festival of Joy Eventbrite page
- IN PERSON at ArtYard’s Box Office located inside the lobby at 13 Front Street, Frenchtown. Hours are 11 AM to 5 PM Wednesday through Sunday.
Health and Safety
Face masks are required to be worn at all times while in the McDonnell Theater.
Please email us at [email protected] or call 908.996.5018 and we’ll respond as quickly as possible